Seeking a a Paralegal/Legal Secretary with experience in family law.
Certified in Roseville is actively recruiting for a Paralegal with 5 years’ exp.
Must be able to assist & provide a range of legal support and administration to lawyers and other legal professionals.
• Perform legal & factual and record research
• Identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes & other pertinent material
•Draft legal documents including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts and legal memoranda
• Help prepare legal arguments, applications, declarations and motions. Help with trial preparation including witness lists, exhibits & trial binders
May need to assist the lawyer in the courtroom
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or certificate program in paralegal studies or equivalent experience
• Paralegal certification may be required
• Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
• Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques
• Thorough knowledge of legal terminology
• Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
• In depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Relevant computer software knowledge and experience.