Junior Systems Engineer Full-Time Temporary/Temp to Hire Oakland, CA Hiring! Need a Junior Systems Engineer for a business consulting firm in Oakland, CA. Join the Infrastructures team to help support Windows Servers, Switches, Routers, Appliances, and Data Recovery. The Jr. Systems Engineer’s duties include: • Rack and stack, move physical components, move cables, label cables, swap system components as needed. • Follow established Documentations rules and protocols • Set Up windows servers, VM servers and other hardware networking and storage devices, remotely or onsite at firm locations. • Troubleshoot and problem-solve. • Escalate network service provider and systems trouble calls. • Work with the team with any tasks given that is in his or her scope. • Attributes: Team mate, Reliable, punctual, careful and be a business asset. .
• 1-2 years Windows Server and peripherals support, or related experience, Computer Science degree, a plus
• Knowledge of computer hardware, various VM and Windows Servers and operating systems, multi-device systems problem solving
• Experience troubleshooting systems issues, use of diagnostic utilities and troubleshooting commands
• Must reside within reasonable local range to be easily available for onsite support at Oakland office and able to travel as needed for work-related tasks weekends, off-business hours, as needed. Some remote tasks needs.
• Highly -organized, detail -oriented to able to follow instructions re: documentation
• Physical requirements: ability to move, lift, transport moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals
• Team-oriented, punctual, responsible, careful, a business asset
COMPETITIVE HOURLY RATE . DOE
Temp to Hire Opportunity includes Full Benefits if Hired