Established local internet provider seeking a Network Engineer--from recent college graduates to seasoned professionals, all experience levels will be considered. The right candidate will have experience with level 3 protocol, application switches, and routers. Must have a flexible schedule, as you can be on call. You'll be required to work in the field and in the office, depending on the need, covering a service region of the Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz, and Santa Clara county areas.
- Maintain firewall systems and access control lists to protect the integrity and security of the MAN, wireless modem, and direct line networks.
- Test, implement, and maintain high availability network solutions utilizing technologies such as load balancing and fault tolerance.
- Test, implement, and maintain connectivity solutions between corporate data customers, the headend, and the backbone circuits.
- Lead network system planning and testing.
- Provide customer support and evaluate customer product and network requirements to generate test and deployment plans.
- Assist customers with modem issues when necessary. This involves travel to Base station and/or customer's location to test signal and insure the equipment is working properly.
- Installation of wiring and equipment to provide internet service to residences and businesses.
- BS/MS in Engineering, computer science, or other technical field, or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience in the analysis, integration, planning, implementation, and support of network circuits and WAN/LAN infrastructure.
- Experience with Cisco routers, configuration, and support.
- Experience with ISP support technology.
- Experience and/or training with VPN technology, firewall configuration and maintenance and related security/authentication methods strongly preferred.
- Experience deploying and support of network equipment within a widely dispersed server environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in network communications, TCP/IP protocols, and routing technologies that include OSPF and BGP4, content load balancing/switching and caching strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with UNIX shell and Perl scripting and Sun Server technology.
- Strong experience documenting network and system designs for business case analysis.
- Ability to deal with high places and climb ladders.