Export Logistics & Documentation Specialist Work with our purchasing manager to liaise with our various suppliers and to oversee the general logistics of shipments from our suppliers' distribution centers to either our US West Coast consolidation warehouses or direct to the Port of Oakland or Los Angeles. Work with our Ocean Carrier Shipping Companies to make ocean freight bookings. Communicate with our consolidation warehouse staff to manage inventory and coordinate the loading of containers. Prepare and send billing documents and export documents.
Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary. Adapt to using new equipment such a computer, duplicating machines, and scanners.
Ability to navigate iManage, MS Office, Elite, 3E, and Chrome River.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
Provide detailed and high-level secretarial and administrative support in a Secretarial Service Center (SSC) consisting of a team of two or three secretaries.
Work effectively with other secretaries within the assigned SSC, provide occasional coverage to other SSCs on the floor when needed, and volunteer for overflow work assignments when time permits. Must be able to collaborate and work in a shared work space and be accessible to both lawyers and other secretaries.
Work closely to mentor, share knowledge and best practices and answer any Firm policy and procedural questions for assigned Legal Secretary I incumbents. Provide guidance when necessary and lead by example.
Schedule client meetings, reserve conference rooms, coordinate audio visual equipment and food needs. Register Firm guests through Passage Point. Coordinate all aspects of lawyers’ travel arrangements (domestic and international) and prepare travel itineraries, monitor and process travel reimbursements in a timely manner, maintain Outlook calendar, and monitor crucial due dates for lawyers as required.
Organize, coordinate, and communicate pertinent information with other team members. Monitor lawyers’ incoming emails as directed and when required. Answer phones and direct callers as required. Receive, register, and assist visitors as required.
Type, revise, and proofread general correspondence, memos, legal documents, and reports in Excel from various sources. Prepare draft communication outlined by lawyer as required. Ensure accuracy and clarity of all work product in a timely manner.
Utilize iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter- related documents.
Establish and maintain records of documentation in searchable electronic formats (hard copies only when necessary). File hard copy data and documents as necessary in a timely manner. Retrieve information from storage as requested. Send paper files to storage on a periodic basis. Use Records Management System to process files for storage and retrieval. Update subscription books as required.
Maintain lawyers’ time in 3E, proofread, and submit finalized time to Accounting on a daily basis (unless client directs otherwise). Maintain knowledge of client requirements for billing and prepare client billing as required. Prepare New Business Matters and update list of client/matter codes. Maintain and follow through on all client billing matters.
Maintain appropriate sense of urgency and complete all work assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
Create and maintain up-to-date lawyer preference information supported by the SSC reflecting specific instructions and expectations of the lawyers.
Mandatory participation in the Secretarial Certification Program.
Timely and regular attendance.
Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department.
DRUPAL WEB SUPPORT
We are currently looking for staffing support for content updates to our various website.
*Duration: * Immediate through December 31, 2019
Hours: 9-5; 7.5 per day, five days per week•
o Assist with the roll out of a new look and feel to a portion of a Drupal website•
• Look through site content and identify problems
• Work with the content and HTML to fix problems
• Work with staff to identify things that could globally be fixed
• Help discover and troubleshoot problems with the rollout
• Help manage the help inbox for related problems
• Document common solutions to problems and suggestions for our volunteers and staff.
• As time permits, work on other incidental improvements to the site.
• Work directly with volunteers in some instances
•Comfort with HTML necessary
• Knowledge of CSS extremely helpful
• Knowledge of browser developer consoles very useful
• Drupal experience a plus
The Legal Recruiting Assistant provides administrative support to the Legal Recruiting department.
RAISER'S EDGE EXPERT
establish new letter templates and set up advanced procedures in RAISER'S EDGE.
Advanced knowledge required.
Representative Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provide estimating experience and leadership for the Preconstruction Department.
2. Assume the lead role in the preconstruction process from conceptual budget through procurement of final subcontractor and vendor agreements to ensure quality and timely delivery of estimates.
3. Delegate and assign estimating team roles and responsibilities.
4. Review RFP, look over RFP response, and participate in RFP interview with prospective Client.
5. Review drawings, specifications, reports, building regulations and any other special requirements necessary to formulate a comprehensive scope of work.
6. Confirm actual site conditions of projects by conducting site surveys and making recommendations to the Client and design members on best approach. This may involve several engineering or testing agencies such as geotech, soils, structural, or hazardous material abatement.
7. Participate and assist in preparation of detailed estimates (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction) and/or oversee and/or prepare accurate preliminary construction budgets to include subcontractor scope letters, subcontractor bids analysis and final proposal presentation to client. This would be a team effort under your direction or in collaboration with other staff
8. Ensure all estimates and budgets, are accurate, complete and reflect the actual requirements of the project. This includes assuring an adequate number of qualified and financially sound subcontractor proposals received and evaluated.
9. Coordinate the assembly of the Preconstruction materials for presentation purposes to the Client for each phase of the project development.
10. Estimator proactively compares competitive bids, review quotes and estimates with the Project Manager and/or Superintendents.
11. Prior to hand off of a project to the project team perform post-bid buyouts and prepare preliminary project schedules.
12. Generate owner contract for review and approval by Vice President/Project Executive.
13. Post project to accounting database to provide project team with current project information.
14. Organize and lead the transition meeting between the project operations team and the preconstruction team and coordinate the follow-up meetings to ensure scope of work is clearly understood. Ensure clear communication and effective collaboration between departments.
15. Collaborate and check in with project team to ensure project is built on schedule, within budget and meets or exceeds quality standards and client expectations.
16. Serve as the Owner/Client relationship Manager or Project Executive for specified projects or accounts as required.
17. Initiate and maintain positive working relationships with clients, architectural, structural, civil, and MEP engineers, consultants, subcontractors, vendors and other project team members. Building strong working relationships within the various departments.
18. Maintain positive subcontractor relationships and identify new qualified subcontractor alliances for equitable work distribution.
19. Assist with maintaining Timberline database to ensure costs are up to date.
20. Review other team member estimate assignments to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal submission.
21. Keep current on changes and trends in methods of construction and materials, construction costs, wage rates, fringes and working rules.
22. Recommend departmental and project process improvements to increase effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
23. Represent company at all times in a professional manner that is consistent with the company’s values, including maintaining current project-specific knowledge, being prepared for project meetings, proactively communicating with the project team, and meeting deadlines and commitments.
24. Adhere to Company policies, procedures and performance standards.
25. Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a construction or architecture related discipline is mandatory.
- 15-20 years’ experience construction industry
- 3-5 years in mentoring/managing staff.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Job Requirements:
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and math skills.
- Proficiency in the areas: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, financial reporting, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, ability to communicate, both written and oral, leadership and organizational skills.
- Success in managing preconstruction process for major, complex projects.
- Working knowledge and comprehension of blueprints and plans.
- Negotiation skills.
- Comfortable and convincing in public presentations and project interviews.
- Contract administration (specific to the construction industry).
- Working knowledge of software programs, MS Office, MS Project, Adobe/Bluebeam, Timberline Estimating, On Screen Takeoff and Procore.
- Proficiency with Timberline Estimating software strongly preferred.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/BOARD SUPPORT for SF Non-Profit
6 months to a year …
Help schedule group meetings with VIPs, Board, Chairs using Outlook
Maintain database in Salesforce
Tech support as needed in meetings – set up laptops to our video conferencing equipment (this may not be essential)
Help prepare documents to be distributed at meetings and events
Assist on site at events, board meetings as necessary
Track RSVPs to invitations for VIPS, Board, Chairs
EXPERIENCED LITIGATION PARALEGAL A mid-level litigation paralegal with work experience gained at Amlaw 100 firms or specialized litigation boutique law firms working on complex litigation, investigation, and/or arbitration matters.
A strategic, yet detail-oriented, Marketing Events Manager to plan, produce, and execute top quality events. This position works collaboratively with the Firm’s Global Marketing and Business Development team, but also independently with Firm lawyers to create and manage engaging events in support of Firm objectives. Events include, but are not limited to, conferences (both firm-hosted and those with firm participation or sponsorship), round tables, social and sporting events, and webinars. This role requires the ability to successfully manage events both in-person and remotely. This role has high visibility within the firm, significant interaction with external contacts, and is one of three event managers globally.
Ability and willingness to work overtime during busy periods, as well as for specific events (e.g., early morning or evening events).
Marketing Research Specialist to conduct market and competitive intelligence research
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Minimum of three years of experience performing business-related research and analysis on markets, industries, companies, and individuals.
Experience in a law firm or other professional services firm environment.
Familiarity with news, legal, business information sources, and a wide variety of interdisciplinary materials.
Experience in performing legal analysis and issue spotting.
Solid knowledge of legal issues by industry.
Excellent writing skills at a professional audience level.
Ability to set priorities, manage projects, and adhere to critical deadlines.
Critical thinking, analytical skills, and attention to detail and accuracy.
Integrity, accountability, and resourcefulness.
Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
Experience in InterAction client relationship.
Experience in social media monitoring highly desirable.